Pickled vegetables may scare you a bit -- but they can add great flavor to your meals.
Chef Foster Deadman joined FOX6's Studio A Thursday, June 30th with a recipe for fresh pickled vegetables, and showed how they can be added to regular, every day meals to add awesome flavor but almost no calories.
- 4 cups of shaved red onions
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/8 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling seasoning
- Scale out all above listed ingredients
- In a medium sauce pot combine water, sugar, salt, vinegar and pickling spice
- Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for five minutes
- Strain over onion in six pan
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cure in the cooler