MILWAUKEE -- Have a little bit of steak with your salad. Angela Horkan with the Wisconsin Beef Council joins FOX6 WakeUp with a delicious recipe.
Soba Noodle Steak Salad
- 1-pound Top Sirloin Steak
- 8 cups baby spinach, washed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 scallions, sliced at an angle
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 ounces soba noodles, dry, cooked to package instructions and rinsed with cold water
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, softened
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Combine the marinade ingredients. Pour into a sealable gallon bag and add the steak. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning once.
Remove the steak from the marinade (and discard marinade) and pat dry, removing any excess marinade. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
Grill steak, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes.
While your steak is resting, mix together the dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Shake to fully combine.
Slice the steak against the grain into thin pieces. Divide the spinach, steak, carrots, scallions and red cabbage among four salad bowls; top with sesame seeds and vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!!