GERMANTOWN — Germantown police and fire officials on Friday evening, July 8th were called out to the scene of a fire at the West Rock building on River Lane in Germantown.
Crews were called out to the scene around 7:00 p.m.
The fire was reported in a “Baler Room,” where scrap cardboard is sent via a ductwork system throughout the facility.
Upon arrival, crews found the building had been evacuated, and all employees were accounted for.
Smoke was showing from the rear loading dock door.
A supervisor told officials they attempted to extinguish the fire — but it was still burning.
The fire was extinguished by firefighters.
The ductwork was then inspected with thermal imaging cameras to ensure no fire was remaining.
One employee had to be taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire has been listed as accidental. Fire officials said it appears to have been electrical in nature — originating in a circuit board area for the “Baler Unit.”
Damage is estimated at $125,000.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.