Headed to the beach Thursday? Beware of large waves, dangerous currents
MILWAUKEE — If you’re planning a trip to one of the beaches in southeast Wisconsin on Thursday, September 1st, you’ll want to be aware of this. The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a beach hazards statement that is in effect until Friday morning.
Large waves and dangerous longshore and rip currents are expected, according to officials. Conditions could be life-threatening.
Beaches from Sheboygan to Kenosha are impacted by this notice. The NWS says beaches with particularly dangerous conditions include:
- Vollrath Park Beach, Sheboygan
- North Side Municipal Beach, Sheboygan
- Blue Harbor Beach, Sheboygan
- Upper Lake Park Beach, Port Washington
- Harrington State Park Beach
- McKinley Beach, Milwaukee
- Grant Park Beach, South Milwaukee
- Shoop Park Beach, Racine
- North Park Beach, Racine
- Simmons Island Beach, Kenosha
CLICK HERE for the complete and updated FOX6 Weather forecast.