MILWAUKEE -- It's a breakfast battle between 50 food trucks across the nation. Meat On The Street joins FOX6 WakeUp to show off the latest dish.
The L, Double E, M: Lime, Egg, English Muffin
- 1 Thomas`® Original English Muffins
- 1 egg
- 2 oz ground pork
- 110 g Meat on the Street marinade (70 g for pork, 40 g for slaw)
- 50 g red cabbage
- 150 g green cabbage
- 20 g sliced onion
- 50 g matchstick carrots
- 40 g lime juice
- 40 g sugar
- 5 g cilantro
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 g green onions
- Lime wedges
MARINATE THE PORK:
- Take the ground pork and marinate with your choice of sauce or seasoning. We use our family recipe marinade.
- Mix in by hand.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- Slice green cabbage.
- Slice red cabbage.
- Slice onion.
- Toss in carrots.
- Mix this all together.
LIME SLAW SAUCE:
- In a bowl, pour in lime juice.
- Add white sugar.
- Add minced cilantro.
- Add fish sauce. If you aren't familiar with this ingredient, you will be able to find it at your local grocery store, most likely in the Asian food aisle.
- Add ground pepper.
- Add sliced green onions.
- Mix everything together.
- Pour on the veggie slaw and mix together until veggies have been coated in sauce.
- Form sausage into desired patty sizes, about 2-2½ inches. They should fit comfortably on the Thomas`® English Muffin.
- Medium-heat pan with a little oil; we use olive oil.
- Pan fry sausage patties, about 3 minutes. Cook all the way through on both sides.
- Set patties aside.
- Halve your Thomas`® English Muffins; we recommend toasting them.
- Pan fry your egg sunny side up.
- Plate your Thomas`® English Muffin, add the veggie slaw to your liking, your egg, and lastly the sausage patty.
- Squeeze desired amount of lime on top.