Battle of NFC Rivals: Packers, Vikings play first regular-season game at U.S. Bank Stadium
MINNEAPOLIS– The Green Bay Packers will take on the Minnesota Vikings in the first regular-season game played at U.S. Bank Stadium on Sunday, September 18th. Kick-off for the game is set for 7:30 p.m.
The NFC rivals come into this game with 1-0 records. Green Bay defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars in week one — the Vikings topped the Tennessee Titans.
Here are some interesting notes about the upcoming game — as noted by Packers.com.
- It is the first time since 1924 that the Packers have played the first two games of the regular season on the road.
- This is the earliest week of the regular season that the two teams have played each other since 2008, when they met in Week 1 in Green Bay.
- Of the past 28 regular-season meetings between the Packers and Vikings, 19 of those games have been decided by seven points or less.
- Through 111 meetings, which includes two postseason contests (1-1), the Packers hold a 59-50-2 edge over the Vikings in the all-time series.
- According to STATS, Green Bay is 19-11 when playing indoors during the regular season since 2006. The Packers’ .633 winning percentage ranks No. 1 in the NFC and No. 4 in the NFL over that time (New England, 9-3, .750 / New York Jets, 8-3, .727 / Indianapolis, 52-23, .693).
The Packers will square off against the Detroit Lions in their home season opener at Lambeau Field on Sunday, September 25th.