Fire crews deal with carbon monoxide incident at Shorewood apartment building

SHOREWOOD -- North Shore Fire & Rescue crews were dispatched to an apartment building near the intersection of Oakland and Kensington in Shorewood on Thursday afternoon, September 22nd.

Officials say when they arrived on the scene, they found a haze in the building. The fire crews determined it was exhaust from carpet cleaning equipment -- and carbon monoxide (CO).

The firefighters ventilated the building.

Two firefighters were checked out because of their exposure to the CO.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s