“We Back the Badge” signs on sale to benefit Waukesha County Explorers program
WAUKESHA COUNTY — The Explorers are selling “We Back the Badge” signs in Waukesha County.
The signs cost $10 — and all proceeds will be going to the Explorer program.
The signs will be available at one of the three following locations:
Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department
515 W. Moreland Blvd., Waukesha
Merton Village Hall
N67 W28343 Sussex Rd., Merton
Sussex Public Safety Building
N63 W24335 Main St., Sussex
Do you know someone who is interested in being an Explorer with the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department? According to the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department Facebook page, here’s information on the program:
- Membership in a Law Enforcement Explorer Post is open to young adults, male or female, at least age 14 and having completed 8th grade, or ages 15-21 years old.
- Meetings held two Sundays of each month from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department, 515 W. Moreland Blvd.
- Events Explorers train for include traffic control, first aid, conflict resolution, use of force, physical fitness, and statewide competitions along with scholarship opportunities.
- Additional requirements include:
- Have parental approval that includes signatures by the Explorer and his/her parents or guardians on an application packet.
- Be of good health.
- Be of good moral habits with no arrest or conviction records of serious offenses.
- He/She must maintain a 2.0 GPA in school.