MILWAUKEE -- They're two fall fashion favorites: boots and coats! Liz Kores of Macy's joins Real Milwaukee to talk about the hottest combos of the season.
Coat trend: Layering
Shoe trend: Moto
- Layer a slim coat underneath a full or chunky coat - in this case, we`re doing leather moto jacket underneath a thick boucle coat. Not only is it warmer, but the layers add dimension.
- The two jackets should coordinate but not match.
- The moto boot returns once again! Super comfy, so versatile! Hardware should be subtle accents (a buckle here, a bit of metal there. Don`t go overboard or you`ll look like you`re wearing a Halloween costume!
- We`re playing up a bit of that 90s grunge vibe with the plaid shirt and patterned skinny pants, but these boots would also look great with skinny jeans or leggings.
- With the layered coats, keep the bottom half of you outfit sleek - skinny or fitted pants or a slim pencil skirt.
Coat trend: Collegiate classic
Shoe trend: Prep school loafers
- The classic wool duffel coat in spruce green is a nod to the season`s 60s/70s trend. Think Ali MacGraw`s effortless prep look in 'Love Story.'
- Finish the look with a fitted blazer, corduroy mini and striped turtleneck- all in rich Fall browns, maroons, tans.
- Loafers or brogues with knee socks are a playful compliment to the look (but tall boots with a flat heel would also pair well with the mini)!
Coat trend: Menswear-inspired
Shoe trend: Colorful Suede
- Look for long coats with straight sides, minimalist details, neutral colors like gray, camel, black.
- Pair with pinstripe trousers, sweater vests, fitted blazers, and classic white button-down blouses.
- Soften the masculine shapes with heeled, suede boots in bold, bright colors.