MILWAUKEE -- If you're looking for a way to make Thanksgiving a little easier, we have some ideas that can save you some time. Nick Bandoch of Sendik's joins Real Milwaukee to share some easy recipe you can make ahead.
Sendik’s Thanksgiving Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
Mix this recipe up on Thanksgiving morning and put it in the crock pot before you head out for the 5th Annual Drumstick Dash presented by Sendik’s. This cheesy treat will be ready later that morning for your young guests to enjoy.
- 1 16 oz pkg Sendik’s Elbow Macaroni
- 5 Tablespoons Sendik’s Butter
- 1 bag (2 cups) Sendik’s Shredded Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup grated Sartori Bellavitano Cheese
- 3 Sendik’s Large Cage-Free Eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cheese soup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon Sendik’s Black Pepper
Boil macaroni for 6 minutes and strain.
While pasta is boiling, melt butter.
In crock pot, add noodles, butter and mix all ingredients together.
Cook on low for 2 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
Sendik’s Whipped Yams
Prepare these yams the night before Thanksgiving. Then when you return home on Thanksgiving morning after the 5th Annual Drumstick Dash presented by Sendik’s, just put them in the oven to be ready along with your other Thanksgiving favorites.
- 5 large yams (about 4 ½ lbs)
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) of Sendik’s Butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Sendik’s Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Sendik’s Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese
Wash yams and place on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 1 hour, or until yams are soft to the touch.
Let yams stand for about 15 minutes until cooled enough to pick up.
Slice the skin of the yams with a small knife and peel completely.
Place yams into an electric mixer bowl with the whisk attachment.
Slice the butter into ¼ inch slices. Combine all ingredients together into the bowl. Whisk starting on low and working up to high speed (about 3 minutes)
Transfer the yams into a casserole dish to cool. Cover with foil and reheat on 350 for 35 minutes