20 charities selected for Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s annual “Heart of Canal Street” program
MILWAUKEE — Twenty charities have been selected for the 23rd year of Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s annual “Heart of Canal Street” program.
The program has provided meals for hungry children, safe places to stay, supplemented youth education and much more. It helps fund the missions of 31 local children’s charities annually.
Twenty organizations were randomly selected Tuesday, November 29th:
- Adoption Choice, Inc., Glendale, Wis.
- American Diabetes Association- Wisconsin, Brookfield, Wis.
- Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin, Wauwatosa, Wis.
- Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin Educational Foundation- Wisconsin Bike Fed, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Blessings in a Backpack- Waukesha County, Oconomowoc, Wis.
- Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin, St. Francis, Wis.
- Easterseals Southeast Wisconsin, West Allis, Wis.
- Friends of Havenwoods, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Make A Difference- Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Make-A-Wish Wisconsin, Wauwatosa, Wis.
- Milwaukee Christian Center, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Ozaukee Family Services, Grafton, Wis.
- Parents Place, Inc., Waukesha, Wis.
- Racine Symphony Orchestra, Racine, Wis.
- Special Spaces Wisconsin, Mequon, Wis.
- Wisconsin Art Education Association, Milwaukee, Wis.
In addition to the randomly selected charities, 10 signature charities and Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s Charity of Choice, MKE Plays, were selected by the program’s media partners and announced in August.
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee—presented by Lamar Outdoor
- Food Pantry of Waukesha County—presented by WITI FOX 6
- Jewish Family Services—presented by Milwaukee Radio Alliance
- Kathy’s House—presented by iHeart Media
- Milwaukee Public Museum—presented by OnMilwaukee.com
- Northcott Neighborhood House—presented by Milwaukee Radio Group
- PEARLS for Teen Girls, Inc.—presented by Entercom Radio
- SHARP Literacy, Inc.—presented by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- The Parenting Network—presented by Clear Channel Outdoor
- Wisconsin Humane Society—presented by Weigel Broadcasting/CBS 58
Heart of Canal Street funds are raised primarily through special Canal Street bingo games played during every bingo session.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Heart of Canal Street program.