MILWAUKEE -- Megan Camargo from the Cheesecake Factory joins FOX6 WakeUp with a recipe that will give your average pancake breakfast new life.
• 1 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
• 1 Tbl. Baking Powder
• 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
• 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
• 2 ea. Eggs
• 1 tsp. Vanilla
• 2 Tbls. Vegetable Oil
• 2 cups Fresh Ricotta Cheese
• 4 Tbls. Granulated Sugar
• 2 Tbls. Lemon Zest (minced)
• 2 ½ tsps. Vegetable Oil
1. Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing blow. Stir all of the ingredients together until evenly combined. Set aside.
2. Pour the buttermilk into another mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla and oil into the bowl.
3. Add the ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon zest into the bowl with the buttermilk. Using a wire whisk, gently stir the ingredients together until evenly combined.
4. Add the flour mix into the bowl with the buttermilk and the ricotta cheese. Continue to fold the ingredients together until evenly combined with a few small lumps remaining in the batter. Do not over mix the batter.
5. Heat ¼ tsp. of vegetable oil on a griddle or in a large non-stick pan. Using a 4 oz. ladle, pour the batter onto the griddle or into the non-stick pan, forming one pancake that is 6” in diameter.
6. Cook the pancakes for approximately 2 ½ minutes or until the edges begin to dry and puff up with little air bubbles appearing over the top surface of the pancakes.
7. Flip each pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 ½ minutes or until done.
8. Bon Appétit
Serving size: 8 pancakes