MILWAUKEE -- In this week's Dining with Duria, Angelica shares a festive Cranberry Jalapeno Dip recipe.
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
Courtesy: Sparrows and Lily http://www.sparrowsandlily.com/recipes/cranberry-jalapeno-dip-holidays/?pp=1&utm_content=bufferbd29d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=budgetbytesbuffer
- 1 (12 oz.) package fresh, uncooked cranberries, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (NOTE: If you like spice, keep the seeds and ribs in or use 2 jalapenos or add in a serrano pepper)
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar (NOTE: You can cut it down to 1 cup of sugar or less depending on taste. Or ½ cup sugar and ½ cup Splenda)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
- Ritz crackers for serving
- In a medium-sized bowl, add chopped cranberries, green onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Pour sugar, lemon juice and salt into bowl and stir gently until blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least one hour. If you prefer less tart cranberries, keep in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take cranberry mixture of the refrigerator and stir all the ingredients again. Strain out the liquid using a colander.
- Spread cream cheese over bottom of a pie dish or 9x9 dish.
- Pour cranberry mixture atop cream cheese and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with Ritz crackers.