Milwaukee residents take note: Watch for your property tax bill to be in the mail this week
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee residents, your property tax bills are in the mail. City Treasurer Spencer Coggs announced more than 160,000 property tax bills were mailed out on Friday afternoon, December 9th.
Officials say most taxpayers will receive their property tax bills no later than Wednesday, December 14th. Taxpayers that do not receive their property tax bills by Wednesday should contact the City Treasurer’s Office, Customer Services Division, at 414-286-2240, and request a duplicate tax bill. Tax bill copies are also available at no charge on the Office of the City Treasurer website.
Treasurer Coggs strongly urges taxpayers to avoid the parking challenges around City Hall and any long lines for service that may arise inside City Hall. He suggests taxpayers:
- Mail in their tax payments using the return remittance envelope enclosed with their tax bills
- Make their tax payments at any one of twelve, full service US Bank branches located within the City of Milwaukee
- Pay their taxes in full using the electronic payment options available on the Office of the City Treasurer website.
- Enroll in the electronic funds transfer installment payment plan. The enrollment form is available on the Office of the City Treasurer website.
Here is a list of the locations of the twelve, full service US Bank branches that will accept City of Milwaukee property tax payments on 2016 tax levy accounts:
- 9921 W. Capitol Drive
- 777 E. Wisconsin Avenue
- 2303 N. Farwell Avenue
- 7500 W. Good Hope Road
- 4015 S. Howell Avenue
- 5526 W. Capitol Drive
- 939 W. Historic Mitchell Street
- 5220 W. North Avenue
- 7325 W. Oklahoma Avenue
- 650 N. Plankinton Avenue
- 3720 W. Villard Avenue
- 2537 W. Wisconsin Avenue
The City Treasurer’s Office will be open daily, Monday through Friday, from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The office will also be open on Friday, December 30th from 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The City Treasurer’s Office will be closed on:
- Friday, December 23, 2016
- Monday, December 26, 2016
- Saturday, December 31, 2016
- Monday, January 2, 2017
- Monday, January 16, 2017