Fire crews called to home on Prairie Lane in Sussex for chimney fire; no one hurt

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SUSSEX — Firefighters in Sussex were called out Sunday, December 18th to put out a chimney fire.

It happened around 3:30 p.m. on Prairie Lane.

Officials said a neighbor called fire crews after seeing smoke and flames coming from the home.

No one was home at the time — and no one was hurt.

The home did suffer water and smoke damage to the attic, but firefighters were able to safely rescue a cat.

Investigators are still trying to figure out how the fire started.

PHOTO GALLERY