GURNEE, Ill. -- Time to get pumped! Six Flags Great America announced on Tuesday, February 21st they've installed the last piece of the track their all-new free-fly coaster, The Joker.
The Joker will join the ranks of a long line of legendary roller coasters at Six Flags Great America.
This coaster is a massive new centerpiece in the Yankee Harbor section of the park, next to Batman The Ride roller coaster.
After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, the free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience this wild adventure with no track above or below ─ just the sky, ground and plenty of sinister thrills.
The unique design of THE JOKER Free Fly Coaster features:
- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design;
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles;
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels;
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift; and
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.