MILWAUKEE -- Serve them as a snack -- or make them a meal! In this week's Dining with Duria, Angelica shows how to make shrimp spring rolls.
Shrimp Spring Rolls
- About 12 round rice paper wrappers
- About 1 pound of large or jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- A bag of shredded red cabbage and carrots, or if you can find the broccoli slaw mix, even better!
- About 14 lettuce leaves
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- 24 basil leaves
- 24 mint leaves
- Peanut dipping sauce: I use the “Spicy Bangkok Peanut Sauce” and add stevia or sugar to taste (or there’s a recipe below)
- Take rice paper wrapper and completely submerge in hot tap water 10-15 seconds, until it’s pliable.
- Place wrapper on a cutting board and top with lettuce, some of the cabbage/carrot/broccoli slaw, 2 or 3 shrimp, 2 basil leaves, and 2 mint leaves.
- Fold the bottom half of the wrapper over the filling, hold the fold in place, tuck in the sides and roll tightly.
- Repeat with remaining filling and serve with dipping sauce.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
Courtesy: Skinnytaste http://www.skinnytaste.com/shrimp-summer-rolls-with-peanut-hoisin/
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 6 tbsp hot water, to thin
Directions: Mix together ingredients to make peanut sauce.