MILWAUKEE -- Looking for a quick and easy meal you can make for the entire family? Angela Horkan from the Wisconsin Beef Council joins FOX6 WakeUp to make her crockpot lasagna!
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 15 lasagna noodles, uncooked (*do not use the no-cook noodles)
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In medium sized skillet, heat olive oil. Add Ground Beef and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, if needed. Add garlic and oregano. Cook 1 minute. Stir in Rotel tomatoes.
- In greased crock pot, layer 1/4 of the beef mixture. Add 4-5 lasagna noodles on top, breaking to fit. Top with 1/3 of the cottage cheese, then 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Pour in the whole can of tomato sauce.
- Layer another 1/4 of the ground beef mixture, 4-5 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cottage cheese and 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Pour in 1/2 of the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Repeat the layers once more- 1/4 of the ground beef, lasagna noodles, the last of the cottage cheese, 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese, and the rest of the crushed tomatoes.
- Add the last of the ground beef mixture on top. Cover. Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. **Or, place crock in the refrigerator overnight and cook the next day.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Cover and let cheese melt. Serve immediately.