GREEN BAY — The Green Bay Packers have rehired Joe Philbin as offensive coordinator, hoping he can bring another Super Bowl championship to Green Bay.
The team announced the hire Wednesday, Jan. 24 along with Mike Pettine as defensive coordinator.
Philbin is a former Miami Dolphins head coach, but he also spent 2007-11 as Green Bay’s offensive coordinator. In that time, the Packers won the Super Bowl after the 2010 season and were third in the NFL in points per game (28.3), touchdowns (267), passing touchdowns (170) and net yards per game (372.8).
Pettine is a veteran defensive coordinator who also was head coach in Cleveland from 2014-15.
The Packers are in the midst of a shake-up after finishing with a 7-9 record that left them out of the playoffs for the first time since 2008. The offense struggled after two-time NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers missed nine games because of a collarbone injury. On defense, veteran coordinator Dom Capers was fired and director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst was promoted to be the team’s next general manager.
The list of coaches includes:
Offensive Coaching Staff
- Joe Philbin: Offensive Coordinator
- James Campen: Offense – Run Game Coordinator/Offensive Line
- Jim Hostler Offense – Pass Game Coordinator
- Brian Angelichio: Tight Ends
- Frank Cignetti Jr.: Quarterbacks
- Ben Sirmans: Running Backs
- David Raih: Wide Receivers
- Jeff Blasko” Assistant Offensive Line
Defensive Coaching Staff
- Mike Pettine: Defensive Coordinator
- Winston Moss: Associate Head Coach/Linebackers
- Patrick Graham Defense – Run Game Coordinator/Inside Linebackers
- Joe Whitt Jr. Defense – Pass Game Coordinator
- Jason Simmons: Secondary
- Jerry Montgomery: Defensive Line
- Scott McCurley: Defensive Assistant
- Ryan Downard: Defensive Quality Control
Special Teams Coaching Staff
- Ron Zook: Special Teams Coordinator
- Maurice Drayton: Assistant Special Teams
Strength and Conditioning Staff
- Mark Lovat Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
- Chris Gizzi Strength & Conditioning Assistant
- Thadeus Jackson Strength & Conditioning Assistant
- Grant Thorne Strength & Conditioning Assistant