Village of Grafton Fire Department responds to apartment fire; 1 injured

GRAFTON — The Village of Grafton Fire Department responded to an apartment fire that happened near the area of Broad Street and Wisconsin Avenue early Saturday morning, February 17th.

According to officials, at around 1:15 a.m. crews found a working fire in an apartment that they quickly extinguished. The one person who lived in the apartment was able to get out of his apartment and pull an alarm to notify other people in the building.

The man had serious but non-life threatening injuries and was taken to the hospital.

The Port Washington Fire Department and Cedarburg Fire Departments assisted.