This is a current listing of available job opportunities with WITI-TV. Please apply online and include your resume at: tribunemedia.com
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those individuals who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.
If your organization regularly distributes information about employment opportunities, and would like to receive job vacancy notifications from FOX6, please notify Human Resources by mail or e-mail to make your request. WITI – TV/FOX6 is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Applications and resumes may be sent to the attention of the Human Resources Dept. at:
FOX 6 – WITI
9001 N. Green Bay Road
Milwaukee, WI 53209
fax: (414) 357-8937
And apply on-line at: http://www.tribunemedia.com/careers/
(Search under Milwaukee)
General Assignment Reporter. FOX6 News is seeking an aggressive, enterprising reporter to join our team. We have more news than any other television station in the state and need someone who is hungry and ready to get content on our broadcast and digital platforms all the time. We have a culture that embraces providing content on multiple platforms. Developing sources and breaking stories is what it’s all about, you MUST be able to demonstrate how you juggle sources, work contacts and develop exclusive content. You must be able to demonstrate the stories on your resume reel are enterprised and not a handout from the assignment desk. If you need the desk or a newspaper for stories, we don’t need you here. These days being a great reporter includes using all the technology tools: online postings, social media, videography, and whatever gets invented next. You must have at least 3 years experience. You must be able to show your exceptional storytelling and live shot skills. You must be a team player who works well with photojournalists, editors, producers and mangers. Send a DVD link of your best and most recent work.
Investigative reporter. FOX6 News is seeking an aggressive, enterprising investigative reporter to join our team. We have more news than any other television station in the state and need someone who is hungry and ready to produce content on our broadcast and digital platforms. We have an award winning investigative unit that is digging for and uncovering important local stories. Developing sources and breaking stories is what our investigative unit is all about. You MUST be able to demonstrate how you juggle sources, work contacts and develop exclusive content. You must be able to demonstrate the stories on your resume reel are enterprised. These days being a great reporter includes using all the technology tools: online postings, social media, videography, and whatever gets invented next. Our culture is one of providing content on multiple platforms not just broadcast. You must have at least 4 years experience. You must be able to show your exceptional writing, organizational, storytelling and live shot skills. Timid and bland won’t cut it here. You must be a team player who works well with photojournalists, editors, producers and mangers. Send a link of your best and most recent work.
Producer. FOX6 is looking for a great newscast producer to join our team. We’re looking for someone who loves to create live, compelling television making use of all the production techniques for a great newscast. We’re a big shop that puts out a lot of news every day. We have all the newsgathering tools and place a premium on content and production techniques that are relevant and attract a diverse audience. Producing is not just about television anymore – it’s about all the unique channels available to us through social networking, online and whatever else comes down the road next. You need to embrace all of those things to be successful here. This position could be any shift on the schedule.
Requirements. You must have a college degree with a minimum of two years producing experience working in a commercial television station. Hit us with your DVD or link to very recent work. If we like it, you’ll hear from us.
Photojournalist. FOX6 News is seeking a creative, multi-tasking photojournalist to join our team. Every day you will use state-of-the-art technology to shoot and edit the best HD-quality footage in town. You’ll collaborate with reporters, producers and managers to obtain the best visuals, the best “moments,” the best sound, the best news story. You’ll use live ENG/SNG/mobile gear, sometimes all in the same day! This is not a job for beginners – you need at least two years experience working in commercial television news. One day you might be covering the Green Bay Packers, the next you might be working closely with a reporter, live on the scene of a breaking news story, and the next day you’re solo, putting together a photo essay on a topic you found interesting and know will be great for air and online. A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. You must have a clean driving record (we will check!) and a Wisconsin Driver’s license. Background check and drug screen are required. You must be physically able to lift, carry and handle camera gear, and deal with the realities of a Wisconsin winter or summer. So if you want to work at a place where hard work, a strong sense of team and creativity is rewarded, this is the place.
Web producer (part-time). FOX6 News is looking for a savvy digital journalist to join our team. Our multi-media platforms include FOX6Now.com, mobile content for iPhone, Android devices, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, texting and whatever comes next in this fast-evolving world. We’re looking for a web producer to shepherd content – from stories to video to imagery to graphics – across all of our digital platforms. Crackerjack print-style writing skills, an attention to accuracy, detail and the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, deadline environment are all essential for success in this position. We’re looking for a go-getter; someone who can take the job of web producer to a new level. For that reason, excellent communication skills are a must. Let there be no mistake – this is a job for a journalist who has a digital skill set.
Requirements. Bachelors degree with experience in commercial daily journalism. Must be comfortable with Facebook, Twitter, and Skype. Basic knowledge of html coding and Photoshop preferred. An understanding of FTP and SEO are a plus.
Assignment editor. We are a multi-platform news content provider with one of the station’s largest news operations — this position plays a key role in the success of that operation. This person is responsible for guiding news coverage on digital and broadcast platforms during the shift assigned. The candidate will work closely with news managers to create compelling and current content. This person handles the ENG and news crew deployment, coordinates editing responsibilities and coordinates live crew and resources assignments. Because we are a multiple platform news operation with a heavy emphasis on our digital platforms, the candidate must know how to use social media, the internet and other emerging technologies to generate news stories and news contacts. This person must have the skills to post content and assign resources to our digital platforms. This position assists the news and the digital and broadcast producers with story research. The person answers news department phones, supports state and national network news partners with information, video and scripts, monitors police and fire scanners and e-mail for potential news stories. Other duties as assigned. There are a lot of responsibilities but if you are ready for the challenge we want to hear from you!
Requirements. Must have a Journalism or communication degree or related experience. Previous assignment desk or associate producer experience preferred. Applicant must have excellent news judgment, and understand how to use current news gathering tools for both broadcast and digital platforms. Must be organized and be able to prioritize assignments to maximize staff output. Must be able to multi-task and think logistically. Strong communication skills and commitment to the highest standards of journalism a must.
Video editor (part-time). Are you an adrenaline junkie? Are you great at coming through when the pressure is on? Do you love to take video and sound and make great-looking projects? Here’s your chance to get your foot in the door of a great television news department and show off what you can do with your skills! The expectations are high, the hours are tough and the pay is entry-level, but if you’ve dreamed of advancing your career in a market like Milwaukee, we can give you that opportunity! You need to be committed to generating great video at all times, upholding high journalistic standards of fairness. Link us up with your work, tell us who you are and what you’re about. This is a great opportunity to get in at the ground level and begin an amazing career!
Experience. Entry level position. Final Cut Pro experience preferred.
Production coordinator (part-time). FOX6 is looking for a part-time production coordinator. This position is responsible for constructing and maintaining lights and sets, cuing talent and assisting talents and guests with wireless microphones and IFB set up. In this role you will operate special equipment such as the teleprompter and lighting control board for production in and outside the studio.
Requirements. Qualified candidates will have a technical school education or equivalent experience in television or theatre production procedures. Must have basic understanding of set construction, ability to handle simple tools and physically able to move studio fixtures. Must possess ability to communicate clearly and effectively to relay directions and work well in a team.
There are no positions available in this department.
SALES & MARKETING
Account Executive. Direct report is to Local Sales Manager. Would also work with other management; Digital Sales Manager, General Sales Manager, National/Regional Sales Manager, and Director of Marketing and Strategy.
Responsibilities. Generating advertising revenue and servicing advertising accounts on WITI FOX6, EITI TV6.2 and fox6now.com.
- Research accounts and the marketplace on a consistent basis.
- Prospect for new accounts and prospect existing accounts for specific sales initiatives.
- Maintain internal sales administration / sales execution systems.
- Make warm / cold calls to secure sales calls and sales analysis interviews.
- Understand clients and prospective client’s objectives, needs and opportunities.
- Prepare, present and close advertising schedule proposals and sponsorships. Work with creative services on commercial production.
- Work with traffic department on advertising copy traffic.
- Work with Finance department on invoicing, discrepancies and collection issues.
- Work with sales support personnel.
- Understanding of core marketing principles.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong motivation to have long term career success in digital & broadcast sales.
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong desire to work in the field making client analysis and sales presentation calls.
- Detail oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Successful completion of a background check is required.
Education: Four-year college degree and sales experience preferred.
Digital Sales Manager. As an integral part of the sales team; the DSM is a progressive coach and creative thinker who can conceptualize, execute, and close revenue producing ideas that connect our advertiser’s goal to our multimedia digital properties. The properties include, but are not limited to, the station websites, apps, social media, partner initiatives and marketing services.
This sales management position works with the management team of: Local Sales Manager (LSM), National Sales Manager (NSM) and the Director of Sales (DOS), with business development for the overall operation; specifically championing digital sales. This position reports directly to the WITI DOS and also has a report to the Tribune Director, Digital Sales.
- Drive local digital revenue growth for the station and company. Increase revenue share in the market. Create new digital business from outside the traditional media space.
- Work at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in digital advertising with account executives, agencies, and advertisers.
- Have an impactful and consistent presence in the local advertising marketplace. This includes consistently being in the field making in-person sales calls.
- Work in tandem with the LSM, NSM and DOS with revenue strategy, P&L / expense management, training, and overall cross-media revenue production.
- Oversight of all digital sales products, inventory management and pricing strategies.
- Ability to forecast revenue, develop and sustain a business plan to exceed the digital sales budget.
- Management of the digital sales pipeline, including the formation of individual Account Executive (AE’s) budgets.
- Manage, coach, train, support and motivate the team of local AE’s and the Digital Sales Coordinator.
- Create a sense of team with the AE’s and assist with prospecting, building plans, negotiating and closing deals.
- Brainstorm creative digital promotions that leverage the digital and broadcast assets.
- Develop and deliver best practices for digital knowledge among the sales department and clients.
- Partner with News and Creative Services to support the overall growth of our digital audiences through internal strategic objectives.
- Work with the corporate digital team on corporate led sales initiatives and group sales projects.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support digital initiatives including ad operations, creative, marketing services, analytics partners, contesting and email programs, lead generation, search, and others.
- Produce revenue and expense reporting, and other support functions.
- Promote a winning, positive culture. Be a team player. Be resilient and consistent. Have passion for the business, the job, and helping clients to be successful.
- 5 years or more experience in sales, promotions, or marketing preferred. Digital advertising experience preferred. Sales management experience preferred.
- Ability to translate challenges into opportunities.
- Presentation experience, excellent written and verbal communications essential.
- Creative thinking essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, manages time wisely, and prioritizes projects and people.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in PowerPoint, screen sharing, Excel, social media, etc.
- Basic understanding of ad tags, analytics and campaign tools.
There are no positions available in this department.
Staff accountant (part-time). Tribune Media is searching for an outgoing performer to work with the FOX 6 team. This position will work hand in hand with multiple departments while specializing in assisting the finance department; to prepare and coordinate timely and accurate reporting in accordance with company policies, government regulations and GAAP for WITI Television.
- Assist the finance director
- Update and create excel spreadsheets using advanced formulas
- Completion and review of journal entries in connection with the month-end, quarter-end and fiscal year financial close process
- Assist in the preparation of account reconciliations
- Collaborate with accounts receivable. Responsible for timely co-op invoicing
- Review Wide Orbit revenue coding for proper commission calculation. Work with sales management for appropriate new business documentation and coding changes
- Oversee the capital expenditure reconciliation and spending in coordination with the Chief Engineer. Responsible for maintaining records of the station’s fixed assets
- Review, code and approve accounts payable timely and accurately
- Assist on special projects, analyses and presentations as needed
- Answer multi-line switchboard and greeting guests
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum of an Associate degree in Business/Office Administration or Accounting is preferred
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Must be able to work under time constraints and manage deadlines
- Requires strict standards of confidentiality and good judgment through proven work experience
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks independently
- Highly proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook. Intermediate to advance excel skills. Experience with automated accounting systems helpful
There are no positions available in this department.
FOX6 News WITI TV Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.