This is a current listing of available job opportunities with WITI-TV. Resumes are accepted by mail, fax, e-mail, or in person at our front desk during normal business hours M-F from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Applications are available from the receptionist.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those individuals who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.
If your organization regularly distributes information about employment opportunities, and would like to receive job vacancy notifications from FOX6, please notify Human Resources by mail or e-mail to make your request. WITI – TV/FOX6 is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Applications and resumes may be sent to the attention of the Human Resources Dept. at:
FOX 6 – WITI
9001 N. Green Bay Road
Milwaukee, WI 53209
fax: (414) 354-7491
Below is a current listing of available job opportunities with WITI-TV. Resumes are accepted by mail, fax, e-mail, or in person at our front desk during normal business hours M-F from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Applications are available from the receptionist.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those individuals who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.
If your organization regularly distributes information about employment opportunities, and would like to receive job vacancy notifications from FOX 6, please notify Human Resources by mail or e-mail to make your request. WITI – TV/Fox 6 is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Multimedia journalist. FOX6 News is seeking a multi-media journalist to join our team. We’re looking for someone who has the passion to pursue stories long before the competition, strive to be the lead every night (both on-air and online) and communicate with compelling writing and on-air performance. Milwaukee is hyper-competitive! You have to want to win every day on the street! The world of TV News is changing, so the successful candidate for this position must be well-versed in all aspects of today’s reporting landscape, from shooting and editing with state-of-the-art HD equipment, to online postings, to working sources and of course being ready for whatever else is about to happen next in our business. You must be a reporter as eager to break stories on the web as well as on the 6 o’clock news. You need at least two years experience. Link us up with your most recent work – all of it being material you shot and edited yourself – and tell us how you think, how you work. You know the drill. If you can’t work in a team environment or you like getting your story ideas from the newspaper or assignment desk don’t bother. The e-mail is: email@example.com
Weekend morning newscast meteorologist. FOX6 News is looking for an experienced broadcast Meteorologist to join the state’s top weather team. We have more than 40 years of collective Wisconsin forecasting experience and we’re seeking a dynamic meteorologist to add to our tradition of excellence. You need to do it all: television, online, social networking and community outreach. We have state-of-the-art HD weather graphics, live HD Doppler radar and one of the premiere live weather site networks. All the tools are here! The person we’re looking for will work all shifts, including weekend morning newscasts where a dynamic personality is an absolute must. We’re looking for more than just someone who figures out a forecast. We’re seeking a great storyteller who uses all the technology to create dynamic, compelling weather segments, on-air and online. We get a good amount of severe weather in both spring and winter, so hard work is a given in this position. We have Milwaukee’s only outside weather deck – so many times you’ll be “in” the weather while reporting on it. We’re not looking for someone who hypes weather events. That’s not us. But we are all about connecting with the community and being the premiere weather team in town that people can depend on. An AMS-sealed meteorologist with 2 to 4 years on-air experience is preferred for this position.
Associate producer. FOX6 News is looking for an Associate Producer to join our growing news team. The successful candidate for this position must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to writing, accuracy and detail. Associate Producers help the staff producers in all areas of their work: writing, running scripts, tracking down information via phone or online and do whatever is needed so the newscast can sparkle and shine. This is the path to becoming a full-fledged producer. If you like working weekdays 9 to 5, don’t bother applying. But if you’ve got some experience in a newsroom, are passionate about quality, teamwork and time management, then you should get in touch. A bachelor’s degree is required; experience in a TV newsroom is strongly preferred.
Photojournalist. FOX6 News is seeking a creative, multi-tasking photojournalist to join our team. Every day you will use state-of-the-art technology to shoot and edit the best HD-quality footage in town. You’ll collaborate with reporters, producers and managers to obtain the best visuals, the best “moments,” the best sound, the best news story. You’ll use live ENG/SNG/mobile gear, sometimes all in the same day! This is not a job for beginners – you need at least two years experience working in commercial television news. And if you’ve already been working in the biz, you know there’s no such thing as “9 to 5” so be prepared to work all different hours, days, shifts, and assignments. One day you might be covering the Green Bay Packers, the next you might be working closely with a reporter, live on the scene of a breaking news story, and the next day you’re solo, putting together a photo essay on a topic you found interesting and know will be great for air and online. A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. You must have a clean driving record (we will check!) and a Wisconsin Driver’s license. You must be physically able to lift, carry and handle camera gear, and deal with the realities of a Wisconsin winter or summer. So if you want to work at a place where hard work, a strong sense of team and creativity is rewarded, this is the place.
Producer. FOX6 is looking for a great newscast producer to join our team. We’re looking for someone who loves to create live, compelling television making use of all the production techniques for a great newscast. We’re a big shop that puts out a lot of news every day. We have all the newsgathering tools and place a premium on content and production techniques that are relevant and attract a diverse audience. Producing is not just about television anymore – it’s about all the unique channels available to us through social networking, online and whatever else comes down the road next. You need to embrace all of those things to be successful here. This position could be any shift on the schedule.
Requirements. You must have a college degree with a minimum of two years producing experience working in a commercial television station. Hit us with your DVD or link to very recent work. If we like it, you’ll hear from us.
Production coordinator. FOX6 is looking for a part-time Production Coordinator. This position is responsible for constructing and maintaining lights and sets, cuing talent and assisting talents and guests with wireless microphones and IFB set up. In this role you will operate special equipment such as the teleprompter and lighting control board for production in and outside the studio.
Requirements. Qualified candidates will have a technical school education or equivalent experience in television or theatre production procedures. Must have basic understanding of set construction, ability to handle simple tools and physically able to move studio fixtures. Must possess ability to communicate clearly and effectively to relay directions and work well in a team.
Contact 6 Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (part-time). FOX6 News is looking for someone who is dedicated to helping people. For almost 40 years, viewers have relied on Contact 6 to help with consumer issues. We now have an opening that combines important duties in Contact 6 with receptionist duties for the station. The successful person for this role is great at data processing, email and letter juggling, viewer phone calls and all around top notch administrative assistant. We’re seeking someone with exceptional organizational skills – someone who loves to dive into emails, phone calls and other methods of communicating such as Facebook and Twitter. The successful applicant will demonstrate a strong affinity for consumer affairs while being able to demonstrate how they can juggle contact with the public, paper and electronic filing. The person who gets this position will handle a lot of administrative duties, helping as many people as possible, so other team members can make sure we get great Contact 6 stories on the air. You should be good at letter writing, follow-up, communicating with the public, being a strong team player and ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work.
- Highly proficient with MS Office: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of ACT
- Requires strict standards of confidentiality and good judgment through proven work experience
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and a strong work ethic
Experience. Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Business/Office Administration
Promotion writer/producer. The Tribune-owned FOX affiliate in Milwaukee has an immediate opening for a highly-motivated, experienced, news-focused promotion writer/producer. If you know how to write compelling, conversational copy, KEEP READING. The successful candidate thrives on conceptualizing, shooting, editing, directing and collaborating with various departments to get the job done. If you have a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience at a station with local news or the equivalent AND you have strong organizational skills, even stronger interpersonal skills plus the ability to handle stressful situations, meet deadlines and keep our product fresh, STOP READING and send your resume with a link to your work now.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work with VP Creative Services Director to develop and elevate the station’s on-air look and promotional aesthetic.
- Write copy, shoot, select appropriate music, create graphics and direct talent.
- Attend daily news meetings working directly with news personnel to determine the best stories to promote.
- Attend weekly creative meetings to brainstorm and accept assignments.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and scheduling of promos/PSAs on daily logs for both digital and analog TV stations
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Stay current with graphic trends, production and software
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment…. and have fun!
Job-related knowledge, skills and responsibilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Adobe CS 6 expected
- DSLR camera, sound, lighting and set design a bonus
- Team player with a professional, positive, outgoing personality
SALES & MARKETING
Account Executive. Direct report is to Local Sales Manager. Would also work with other management; General Sales Manager, National/Regional Sales Manager, Digital Sales Manager and Community Affairs/Marketing Manager.
- Research accounts and the marketplace on a consistent basis.
- Prospect for new accounts and prospect existing accounts for specific sales initiatives.
- Maintain internal sales administration / sales execution systems.
- Make warm / cold calls to secure sales calls and sales analysis interviews.
- Understand clients and prospective client’s objectives, needs and opportunities.
- Prepare, present and close advertising schedule proposals and sponsorships. Work with creative services on commercial production.
- Work with traffic department on advertising copy traffic.
- Work with Finance department on invoicing, discrepancies and collection issues.
- Work with sales support personnel
- Understanding of core marketing principles.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong motivation to have long term career success in broadcast & digital sales.
- Personable with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong desire to work in the field making client analysis and sales presentation calls.
- Detail oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Successful completion of a background check is required.
- Four-year college degree and sales experience preferred.
Manager, Engineering & Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Individual will take active participatory role in operation and maintenance of current facilities as well as planning and executing technical advancements at WITI Fox 6.
• Supervision of the Operation and Maintenance Engineering technical teams
• Supervise Maintenance and proper operation of the extensive broadcast facilities and Transmitter Site.
• Supervise Maintenance and proper operation of the over the air transmissions, Live trucks and SNG truck.
• Coordination with News, Programming, Production, Traffic, Creative Services and Sales Depts.
• Minimum of 10 years previous broadcast engineering and operations experience
• Demonstrates experience in the design, construction and maintenance of broadcast and IT infrastructure
• Demonstrates experience in the design, construction and maintenance of over the air and satellite RF plants
• Understanding of current FCC Rules & Regulations, performs duties related to Chief Operator.
• Excellent customer service and trouble shooting skills
• Computer capable and accomplished user of Microsoft Office suite, and AutoCAD & Visio software
• Demonstrates project management experience
• Demonstrates experience managing a union represented work force
• Highly self-motivated with demonstrated attention to detail
• Miscellaneous or other duties as assigned by management
STAFF / BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITY
• Will supervise union represented team leaders and union engineers in operations and maintenance
• Will be responsible for meeting appropriate staffing requirements within available manpower budgets
• Handle engineering shift scheduling when or as needed
• Will be responsible for assisting in capital & expense budgets spending and planning.
Broadcast engineer – temporary. FOX6 is looking for a Temporary Broadcast Engineer working 40 hours a week for up to 175 days. This position operates and maintains television broadcast equipment. Duties include master control, program & commercial spot ingest, microwave & satellite equipment operation. Computer skills and attention to detail are important. Knowledge of television master control and production techniques is highly desired.
Requirements: Degree preparation or course work in technical engineering discipline in lieu of broadcast engineering experience. This position is represented by IBEW 715.
Part-time engineer. Up to 25 hours per week. This is a Part Time position that operates and maintains television broadcast equipment. Some of the duties include Master Control, Technical Director, Robotics, and Audio Operation. Basic electronic maintenance skills and attention to detail are needed. Experience with Final Cut Pro and video editing will be highly essential in this position. Knowledge of television production techniques is highly desired.
Requirements: Degree preparation or course work in a technical engineering discipline in lieu of broadcast engineering experience. Must be proficient in being able to operate computer operated and controlled satellite systems, video server systems, automated program, commercial ingest, timing systems and Final Cut Pro. This position is represented by IBEW Local 715. Knowledge of television production techniques is highly desired.
Part-time engineer. Up to 25 hours per week. This is a part-time position that operates and maintains television broadcast equipment. Duties include master control, program & commercial spot ingest, microwave & satellite equipment operation. Computer skills and attention to detail are important. Knowledge of television master control and production techniques is highly desired.
Requirements: Degree preparation or course work in a technical engineering discipline in lieu of broadcast engineering experience. Must be proficient in being able to operate computer operated and controlled satellite systems, video server systems, automated program, commercial ingest, timing systems and Final Cut Pro. This position is represented by IBEW Local 715.
Director of Finance. WITI FOX6 in Milwaukee has an opening for a passionate professional to be the Director of Finance. This position will be responsible for financial analysis and reporting in accordance with company policies, government regulation, and GAAP for WITI FOX 6. We are looking for an accounting professional with strong communication skills as this role will be responsible for working with station management on a variety of budgeting, forecasting, and tracking duties. The ideal candidate will be a hands on person who will be responsible for the monthly close and additional duties as assigned. The Director of Finance will report directly to the VP/Finance. If you are looking for a challenge and like the idea of working in the dynamic environment of local television at Milwaukee’s #1 station send us your letter of interest and information!
Requirements. An undergraduate degree in accounting or finance, CPA and/or MBA is preferred with a minimum of 6 years of accounting or accounting related experience, including 3 years of financial management experience. The ability to work under time constraints and manage deadlines is very important as well. Successful completion of a background check is required.
FOX6 Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employers M/F/D/V