After Thanksgiving dinner one usually feels stuffed. Get great tips for making a delicious Thanksgiving stuffing.
Crucial tip: Create a basting liquid of chicken broth, apple Cider & butter (3 cans of broth, 1 cup of apple cider, 1 stick of butter) and baste you bird every 15 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms,
- 2 cups of chopped tri color peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Italian herbs mixture (chopped fine) Italian parsley, rosemary, basil
- About 4 to 6 cups of artisan bread or good crusty Italian bread cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves (Italian preferred)
- 1 & 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, or more as needed
- ½ cup of white wine.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 turkey (about 12 pounds), giblets removed and saved for your gravy
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high and add sausage. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and seasoning. Cook until mushrooms soften about 3 minutes. add, rosemary thyme & wine to deglaze and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add bread cubes, cheese, parsley, and 1 & 1/2 cups broth. Toss to combine, allowing liquid to soften bread cubes. If stuffing seems dry, add more broth to soak cubes.
- Refrigerate covered and let rest for 1 hour. Chef’s tip: much better if prepared 1 day in advance.
- When needed stuff your turkey and bake according to direction.