Do you enjoy seafood? Discover how to make a mouth-watering Venetian seafood dish.
Yield: 4 main-dish or 8 first-course servings
Total Time: 40 minutes
• 1/3 cup Sparkling wine/Prosecco preferred
• 1 lb Medium size shrimp deveined
• 1/2 Pound of bay scallops cleaned (dry pack preferred)
• 1/2 pound clams, cooked and de-shelled
• 1/3 cup clam juice
• 1 small fennel bulb sliced thin in half moons
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 3/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2 tablespoon of fresh basil shredded thin
• 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil sliced thin for color and flavor
• 1 lb linguine
• 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
• more extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy-bottom pan over medium heat until moderately hot, then sweat the fennel, stirring, until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, half of the parsley and Basil and all of oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes.
4. Stir in sparkling wine. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the clam juice then stir scallops, clams and shrimp into sauce and simmer, on medium heat for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add pasta to sauce along with remaining herbs toss with sauce until combined well. Stir in butter until melted.
Cooks' note: Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over pasta once served. And remember that Parmesan or any hard cheese will destroy the delicate taste of your seafood.