Flash flood watch for most of SE Wisconsin through 7 a.m. Saturday

Fire damages living room at Brookfield home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BROOKFIELD — Fire damaged the living room of a Brookfield home near 149th Street and Pershing Drive early Sunday morning.

FOX6 spoke with a man who lives at the home, but wasn’t home at the time of the fire. That man says his roommate started a fire in the fireplace around midnight, but fell asleep.

Firefighters were on the scene quickly, and contained the fire to the living room.

“It doesn’t look like it’s too bad, so our stuff is probably salvageable, but I got over here as soon as possible. Thank God everything is okay!” Brock Held said.

Held says the living room is destroyed, and the damage will be costly to fix because they don’t have renter’s insurance.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.