Do enjoy Italian food? Chef Feker brings the taste of Italy to FOX6 WakeUp with his Burrata salad with sun-dried tomato and grilled garlic.
- 1/4 Burrata cheese ball
- 3 ounces arugula
- 1 bunch green garlic grilled
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 ounce fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze or reduced balsamic
- In a bowl toss arugula with half the balsamic glaze, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange on a plate.
- Mix the diced sun-dried tomato the fresh tomatoes and the grilled garlic, season with salt and pepper. Create a platform with your tomato garlic mixture, place cheese atop the platform, and sprinkle cheese with a pinch of salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and balsamic.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and drizzle of Extra virgin olive oil.
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring the 1-cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Gently stirring occasionally to prevent from burning.
- Add I teaspoon of sugar stirring until it dissolves. Cook down by half or two-thirds until the vinegar is syrupy and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- As the vinegar reduces it will naturally sweeten. If you wish it to be sweeter, add more sugar during the cooking process.