Chef Feker joins FOX6 WakeUp to make delicious gluten free fish fry and fish and chips.
CHEF FEKER’S FISH AND CHIPS
• 1 cup all-purpose flour (for Gluten Free substitute rice flour)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground pepper / white preferred
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup Beer (Gluten free brew as necessary)
• 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
• 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut in 6oz fillets pieces
1. In a medium-size mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Whisk
the milk and egg together, and then stir into flour until the mixture is smooth. Let mixture
stand for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350 degrees F. Dredge the fish in the
batter, one piece at a time, and place them in the hot oil. Fry until the fish is golden
brown. If necessary, increase the heat to maintain the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
temperature. After frying the fish, place on a paper towel to soak up the oil.
3. Serve with tartar sauce and a lemon wedge.