20 wells affected after fuel pipeline leak near Jackson
JACKSON — The number of wells contamination after a fuel pipeline leak near the Town of Jackson in Washington County is now up to 20.
The West Shore Pipeline Company is now drilling wells that will be used to suck gasoline and diesel fuel out of the ground. The company is providing housing, filtration pumps and bottled water to those affected.
The West Shore Pipe Line Company has opened a claims center for residents affected by the pipeline leak in Jackson. It’s an opportunity for homeowners affected by the leak to get face-to-face help.
Claims can be made at the center — which has been set up at the Comfort Inn at W227 N16890 Tillie Lake Court in Jackson. The center will be open daily from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Affected residents can also call the claims hotline at 866-837-5016. Operators will also be available from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. daily.
Anyone who filed will be contacted by an adjuster, who will go through each claim.
The claims center and hotline will help residents with:
- Answering claim questions
- Submitting claims
- Arranging bottled water deliveries for residents within the Wisconsin DNR’s Drinking Water Advisory area
- Obtaining information on filtration system installations for affected wells
- Placing a request to have West Shore arrange local hotel accommodations for residents within the Wisconsin DNR’s Flush Only Advisory area
Residents within the Wisconsin DNR’s Drinking Water Advisory area may also obtain bottled water directly from the claims center.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- Water testing continues in earnest in Jackson
- Standing room only during Jackson pipeline meeting
- West Shore Pipe Line Company contact information
- West Shore Pipe Line: 12 private wells contain benzene in Jackson
- Public meeting to be held after pipeline leak near Town of Jackson
- Serious concerns over water in Jackson after pipeline burst
- Jackson families forced out of homes after gasoline pipeline leak
- Pipeline company providing bottled water after gas pipeline leak
- West Shore Supply Line leak repaired, pipe line restarted
- Section of pipe bursts in major multi-state gasoline supply line