Waukesha man facing sexual assault charges to stand trial
WAUKESHA — Dale Voss, a convicted sex offender accused of touching young girls, waived his right to a preliminary hearing on Thursday, August 9th. Voss pleaded not guilty and will stand trial in the case.
46-year-old Voss is facing seven counts of sexually assaulting a child in Waukesha County.
Voss was first convicted of first- degree sexual assault when he was 24 years old. That incident involved two girls — ages four and seven.
Now, Voss is accused of drugging pre-teen girls and putting his hands under their clothing. One girl told police she had been “touched” by Voss on four separate occasions. Voss claims the girls are liars.
Voss was in court Friday, July 27th to ask for an attorney. The public defender’s office had determined his disability pay combined with his wife’s income meant he did not qualify for appointed counsel. However, since his arrest, Voss has been unable to get outside help.
“My wife’s not answering her phone. I don’t know what to do sir,” Voss told the court commissioner.
The commissioner did grant Voss a public defender. However, he will be charged for the representation.
Voss’ next hearing is scheduled for August 31st.