MILWAUKEE -- Door-to-door sales people love the holiday season. It can save shoppers a lot of time, but can cause holiday headaches as well! FOX6's Contact 6 looks into what customers should ask before they buy!
A sales person coming to the door, offering food or a product can be enticing -- especially during the busy holiday season. However, the Bureau of Consumer Protection says be careful!
- Make sure the person at the door explains where they're from and what they're selling
- Always ask about total cost, quantity, condition and refund policy -- and get it all in writing
- Get the sales person's name and the company's address
- The sales person cannot bill your credit card without your authorization
- Any purchases over $25 have a three-day right to cancel, according to state law
CLICK HERE for additional information from the Wisconsin Bureau of Consumer Protection.