Traffic Alert: I-43/94 NB closed at National Avenue following truck fire

Pole shed a total loss after fire in Town of Hartford

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HARTFORD — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office and the St. Lawrence Fire Department responded to the scene of a structure fire on Clover Road in the Town of Hartford early Monday morning, December 17th.

Officials were notified of the structure fire at approximately 1:18 a.m. by the property owner. When officials arrived on the scene they found a fully engulfed metal pole shed. 

Authorities say the west section of the pole shed was used for cold storage and animal shelter while the east section was used as a working shop. Officials say the fire originated in the shop area of the shed — in the vicinity of a homemade wood stove.

Officials say the building and its contents are a total loss — with a damage estimate exceeding $100,000.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire and the only animal in the building was evacuated safely.

Monitor FOX6 News and for updates on this developing story.