Call 511 or visit 511wi.gov for road conditions during storm
MILWAUKEE — The prospect of heavy snow and high winds could result in blizzard conditions and hazardous driving throughout Wisconsin.
If motorists must drive during the storm, state officials encourage you to be prepared:
- Plan ahead and allow plenty of extra time for travel.
- Drive at a safe and legal speed for conditions (the 55 or 65 mph speed limit is a maximum speed for times when conditions are good/ideal, not for when roads are slippery and visibility is reduced).
- Drive alert and sober.
- Always wear seatbelts.
- Keep a charged cell phone handy. Keep both hands on the wheel while driving.
- Keep at least a half tank of gas in your vehicle.
- Inform people (friends, family) of your travel plans and approximate arrival time.
Additional winter driving tips can be found on the WisDOT website.