Lent begins next week -- and that means you'll have to find some fresh new ways to cook up seafood. Jill Nickerson from Milwaukee Public Market joins FOX6 WakeUp to prepare dirty shrimp in butter-beer sauce.
Dirty Shrimp in Butter-Beer Sauce
- 2 pounds shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup beer
Sauté garlic and herbs in butter until garlic is slightly browned. Add shrimp, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink and done. Pour in beer, simmer 1 minute more and serve!