Wauwatosa School District to launch online program
WAUWATOSA (WITI) — The Wauwatosa School District will launch a tuition-free statewide virtual learning program for the 2013-2014 school year.
Open to Wisconsin students in grades 6-12, Wauwatosa Virtual Academy will combine a rigorous, standards-based online curriculum, individualized student support and a flexible schedule that lets students complete their school work whenever and wherever works best for them.
Wauwatosa Virtual Academy will comply with all Wisconsin graduation requirements and feature a full middle and high school curriculum aligned to both state and Common Core standards.
Students will have online access to state-licensed teachers who can provide immediate assistance 24 hours a day Monday through Friday, while technical support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Wauwatosa Virtual Academy is accepting applications for the 2013-14 school year during the open enrollment period ending April 30. Interested students and parents can learn more at the following information sessions:
- Onalaska – Thursday, March 7, 7 p.m., Onalaska Public Library, 741 Oak Ave. S.
- La Crosse – Saturday, March 9, 12:30 p.m., La Crosse Public Library, 1307 S. 16th St.
- Chippewa Falls – Thursday, March 14, 6 p.m., Chippewa Falls Public Library, 105 W. Central St.
- Eau Claire – Saturday, March 16, 12:30 p.m., L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library, 400 Eau Claire St.
- Wauwatosa – all sessions at Wauwatosa School District Central Office, 12121 W. North Ave.
- Saturday, Feb. 23, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, March 9, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, March 23, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, April 6, 10 a.m.
For more information, go to www.WauwatosaVirtualAcademy.com or contact Dennis Mahony, Wauwatosa School District virtual program administrator, at 414-257-4857.