Chef Feker joins Real Milwaukee to prepare oven-roasted tomatoes.
IL MITO’S OVEN-ROASTED TOMATOES
- 4 roasted roma tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the roasted tomatoes
- Wash Roma tomatoes and remove the stem piece. Cut in half. In a large bowl toss with salt, fresh cracked black pepper and just enough olive oil to coat the tomatoes.
- Arrange skin side up on a baking sheet and roast at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- When the skins have cracked and loosened remove the tomatoes from the oven. Let cool slightly.
- Peel and discard the skins.
- Return the tomatoes to the baking tray skin side down.
- Lower the oven temperature to 200
- Cook two hours until dried out. Cool before use.