Chef Feker joins Real Milwaukee to prepare gnocchi with roasted eggplant sauce.
1 Lb Gnocchi
2 Medium-size Eggplants (roasted until tender)
3 Cloves garlic, chopped
1 Sprig rosemary, chopped
1/2 Bunch Italian Parsley Chopped
1 Pinch Chili Flakes
1 T Olive Oil
2 C Roasted Tomatoes (recipe available at http://www.ilmito.com)
1/4 C Red Wine
1/2 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large pot boil 2 Qt of water with 1 T salt to cook the gnocchi. In a large pan over medium heat sauté the garlic, Italian Parsley, Chili flakes, and rosemary with the olive oil until the garlic is almost brown.
- Add the red wine continuing to cook until the wine reduces by 3/4's. Add the roasted eggplant and tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Start cooking the gnocchi. Meanwhile continue cooking the
eggplant sauce slowly until it has thickened slightly. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Tossed withcooked Gnocchi (you will know they are done when they float on top of the water and are slightly plumped up).
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil.