IndyFest Street Party to be held near 5th & Wisconsin
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Marcus Hotels & Resorts will kick-off the 2013 Milwaukee IndyFest with its second annual Milwaukee IndyFest Street Party Thursday, June 13 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the parking lot located on 5th and Wisconsin streets across from the Hilton Milwaukee hotel.
The street party is FREE to all attendees and is open to the public. After the street party ends at 10 p.m., the celebration continues in the Miller Time Pub & Grill.
The second annual Milwaukee IndyFest is fast approaching, taking place June 14th and 15th at the legendary Milwaukee Mile at the Wisconsin State Fair Park.
Even better than last year, guests can look forward to:
- Live music beginning at 5 p.m. with Uprising, a local pop/rock band and finishing with Milwaukee favorite, The Eddie Butts Band
- Food and beer from Miller Time Pub & Grill, highlighting its new beer-inspired menu including a selection of craft burgers ,Wisconsin cheese curds, and other soon to be favorite menu items
- IZOD IndyCar Series race driver appearances and autograph session; special appearance by Michael Andretti
- Second annual car show with prizes. Registration is $10 per car before June 8 and includes two Marcus Theatres movie passes. Day-of registration is $15 per car. Best of Show winner receives two access passes to the Marcus Club for Saturday, June 15 and an overnight stay at the winner’s choice of The Pfister Hotel, Hilton Milwaukee or the InterContinental Milwaukee.
- Popular House of Harley-Davidson parade as well as their “JumpStart” simulator
- Bring the whole family! There will be a Kids Zone with face painting, a giant slide, fun racing events and a bounce house
- Milwaukee food trucks
All registration fees for the car show and 5% of food and beverage purchases will be donated to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, the official charity of Milwaukee IndyFest.
For more information on the Milwaukee IndyFest Street Party, please visit: http://www.indyfeststreetparty.com.