Two pulled from rubble following Beloit house explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BELOIT (WITI) -- Officials believe a house explosion that injured two people on Sunday night, July 7th may have been caused by a gas leak.

The blast happened just before 8:00 p.m. Sunday at a Beloit home.

Two people were trapped inside the rubble, and crews had to rescue a 33-year-old woman -- and a 37-year-old man. The man was reportedly trapped in the rubble for nearly two hours.

Both are expected to be okay.

A preliminary investigation points to a natural gas leak, but fire officials want to confirm that with physical evidence.

Fire officials say two pets were inside the home at the time. One died, and another survived.