Chef Feker joins Real Milwaukee to prepare pan-grilled sausage and a caramelized peperonatta sandwich.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded cut in half moon
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and seeded cutin half moon
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and seeded cut inhalf moon
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in halfmoon
- 1 oz of fresh oregano chopped fine
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 oz of white balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz Marsala
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Heat a medium-size grill pan and add olive oil and sear the sausage over medium heat for 3 minutes per side.
2. Remove and set aside but reserve the pan drippings.
3. Meanwhile, heat a medium-size, heavybottom sauté pan, drizzle with olive oil and
add the onion. Cook for 1 minute, then add green bell pepper. Cook for another minute,
then add the red, yellow the oregano and cook until well caramelized but still crunchy.
4. Deglaze the pan by adding the marsala and the white balsamic and cook to a glaze. Taste
for seasoning and adjust, as your palate requires.
5. Meanwhile, warm a good Italian hoagie roll, place some fresh basil in the bread top with
the sausage, provolone cheese and then your pepper mixture and serve.