Chef Feker joins Real Milwaukee to prepare Frutti Di Mare.
• 1/3 cup white wine
• 1/2 lb PEI mussels
• 1 lb medium-size shrimp, deveined
• 1/2 lb of bay scallops cleaned (dry pack preferred)
• 1/2 lb clams, cooked and de-shelled
• 1/3 cup clam juice
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 3/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2 tablespoon of fresh basil shredded thin
• 1/4 cup of roasted and peeled tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into
• 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
• more extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling;
• dried hot red pepper flakes to add
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat until moderately hot, then add the mussels
and cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
2. Add butter, garlic, red pepper flakes and half of the parsley.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is soft, about 4 minutes.
4. Stir in wine and clam juice and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 6 minutes.
5. Continue cooking uncovered until sauce is reduce by 1/3, about another 6 minutes.
6. Stir scallops and shrimp into sauce and simmer, on medium heat for another 4 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and toss with remaining herbs until sauce is combined well.
8. Drizzle with EVO and garnish with a freshly toasted crostini.