ProHealth Care breaks ground on new cancer center
PEWAUKEE (WITI) — ProHealth Care broke ground on Tuesday, September 17th on a new, state-of-the-art cancer center in Pewaukee.
ProHealth Care officials say the design of the new cancer center started with understanding the ideal experience from the patient’s point of view.
The new cancer center is expected to include the following features:
- Space for 26 infusion patients.
- Radiation therapy services will include a linear accelerator, a CyberKnife and high-dose radiation therapy.
- The imaging and diagnostics center will include MRI, CT, PET/CT, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, radiology/fluoroscopy and ultrasound, as well as ProHealth’s Center for Breast Care.
- Cancer rehabilitation space including physical therapy and indoor and outdoor exercise areas.
- An education center with classrooms and meeting space to support wellness and community programs.
- Retail space including wig and prosthetic fitting, hair dressing and complementary medicine services.
- A multi-specialty clinic with more than 80 exam and treatment rooms and an urgent care center that will be open seven days a week.
- Separate entrances for the cancer center and clinic and diagnostic center, with covered patient drop-off areas.
The cancer center is expected to open early in 2015.