Kenosha Co. apartment complex deemed total loss after fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KENOSHA CO (WITI) -- Fire broke out at an apartment complex in Camp Lake early Friday morning, September 27th, leaving more than two dozen people homeless.

"Once you saw the flames you knew it was going to be not good," said Christopher Ries.

The building is a total loss but tenants were allowed back inside for a short period of time Friday evening to gather any belongings that could be salvaged.

"A lot of our pictures were actually okay on the walls and our TV didn't have any water," said resident Carrie Jensen, who was able to save close to everything she owned.

Others who lived in the building lost nearly everything.

"Lost all my old Navy uniforms," said Ries. "TVs and all of that's gone."

Thankfully, Ries had renter's insurance and says he's already received a couple checks to help him get by, however that wasn't the case for Jensen.

"That would've been a very big, big help on my part if I had that," said Jensen.

No one was injured in the blaze. Investigators believe the fire started in the attic but are not yet sure of the cause.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.