New details released in Aaron Hernandez case

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(CNN) — New details were revealed in the murder case against former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez during a bail reduction hearing Thursday for co-defendant Ernest Wallace in Fall River, Massachusetts.

Bristol County prosecutors, according to spokesman Gregg Miliote, told a judge that Hernandez was the only one who got out of a car with victim Odin Lloyd in a deserted industrial park on June 17, before Lloyd was allegedly shot multiple times execution style by Hernandez.

That’s different from an earlier scenario laid out by investigators.

At first, defendant Carlos Ortiz allegedly told investigators Wallace and Hernandez got out of the car with Lloyd before shots were fired.

Since then, prosecutors say, Ortiz changed his story.

“Initially Mr. Ortiz’s statement was Mr. Wallace got out of the car and now his statement is that Mr. Wallace stayed in the car,” Bristol County District Attorney Samuel Sutter said outside of court on Thursday.

When asked by a reporter if he was concerned by the fact that Ortiz had changed his story, he replied: “Not at all.”

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges.

Wallace also has pleaded not guilty to being an accessory after the fact to murder.

At the Thursday hearing, a judge refused to reduce Wallace’s $500,000 bail, despite Wallace’s attorney David Meier’s insistence that his client has “every intention” and “every incentive to appear at every court hearing.”

Ortiz, who also was in the car that night and caught on surveillance cameras at Hernandez’ home before and after Lloyd’s murder, faces only a gun charge.

In court, the district attorney’s office also disclosed that Hernandez allegedly made several phone calls to Wallace after Lloyd’s body was discovered.

“Mr. Hernandez … immediately makes cell phone telephone calls to Mr. Wallace upon police arriving at his house,” Assistant District Attorney Patrick Bomberg told the judge.

“Mr Hernandez..immediately made cell phone calls to Mr. Wallace upon police arriving at his house,” an assistant district attorney told the judge, according to courtroom video from CNN affiliate WCVB.

Hernandez was not arrested until 10 days after the murder.

Wallace turned himself in to police in Miramar, Florida, at his family’s home more than a week later after taking a bus to Florida from Georgia.

During Thursday’s bail hearing, prosecutors told a judge that Hernandez’ cousin,Tanya Singleton, drove Wallace to Georgia and when her car broke down, bought him a bus ticket to the go the rest of the way.

Singleton remains jailed after being indicted for contempt of court. She’s been charged with refusing to testify before a grand jury.

On Friday, Ortiz faces a status hearing on his weapons charge. He had pleaded not guilty. Sources tell CNN he is cooperating with authorities.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.