Chef Feker gives Wake Up a taste of Tuscany using poultry and fresh veggies.
Yield 4 main-dish or 8 first-course servings
Total Time 35 min
- 4, 6-oz chicken breast, organic preferred
- 1/2 cup of flour for dredging
- 1 cup chicken broth reduced in half and set aside
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 lbs of fresh bell pepper sliced to a julienne (strips)
- 1/2 cup of sliced leeks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig of rosemary chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of shredded basil
- 1 lb linguine
· 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
· 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
· More extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
While using chicken stock make sure to use homemade or organic, since the harmful additives are not what you need.
- Heat 1/2 the oil and the butter in a large heavy-bottom sauté pan over medium heat until moderately hot, then sweat leeks until translucent, about 2 min.
- Add peppers, garlic, red pepper flakes, the rosemary, parsley and basil and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is soft, about 2 min.
- Deglaze with wine and simmer for 30 sec.
- Remove ingredients and set aside.
- In the same hot pan add the olive oil and butter. Meanwhile, dredge the chicken breasts in flour.
- Sear the chicken breasts 1 min per side, then add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 2 min.
- Add the previously sautéed ingredients and the chicken broth, cook until the chicken breast are done through.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.