Chef Feker gives us a taste of Spain by making Spanish Tortilla.
• 2 onions, sliced in half moons
• 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
• Olive oil as needed
• 4 oz of manchego cheese
• 6 eggs
• 1 roasted red pepper, drained and cut
• 1 poblano pepper roasted and peeled into strips
• 1/4 pound or 4 oz of Spanish serrano ham, or
prosciutto sliced thin and cut into strands
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. Heat about ½ cup of olive oil in a large skillet over
medium-low heat. And cook the potatoes and onions
in batches until you have cooked all. Season with salt
and pepper and set aside
2. Heat a nonstick sauté pan and add 1oz of butter and
4 tablespoons of good olive oil.
3. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl until smooth.
Stir in cooled onions, roasted peppers, and serrano
ham and the cooked potatoes.
4. Pour in the egg mixture, and gently cook until the
sides have started to set and the bottom has turned
golden brown, 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a
spatula, then add the Italian parsley and the cheese to
1 side of the circle and carefully fold the empty side
over the side with cheese and parsley. And place in a
preheated oven at 375 to finish cooking fir another 4
5. When done slide the omelet onto a serving plate and
top with grated parmesan, lemon zest and basil pesto.
Chef’s Note: this will go great with homemade eggplant