MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The Milwaukee Brewers announced Friday, January 24th plans for several new additions to Miller Park in 2014, including the arrival of AJ Bombers.
The popular restaurant and bar – with locations in Milwaukee and Madison – will occupy the outside space formerly known as the Plaza Pavilion, along the west side of Miller Park near the right field gate.
Additional new upgrades at Miller Park include an expansion of the Brewers Team Store by Majestic, a new Authentics Kiosk for game-used merchandise, the installation of approximately 150 flat screen televisions throughout the concourses, and more. These projects are in addition to the previously announced “Brewers Wall of Honor,” the redevelopment of the Toyota Territory and a new Bob Uecker statue in “The Last Row.”
“It’s been a busy winter at Miller Park, and we’re excited to continue with our recent enhancements and construction projects as we focus on delivering the best fan experience possible,” said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. “We are only a little more than two months out from Opening Day, and the activity inside Miller Park reminds us of that every day.”
Details about the new additions and projects at Miller Park include the following:
- AJ Bombers will offer cheeseburgers, egg rolls, tater tots, shakes, custards, specialty concrete mixers and more. The menu will also include homestand specials, such as city-themed burgers as well as player-favorite burgers. Their Milwaukee Burger was declared winner of the Travel Channel’s FOOD WARS.
Brewers Team Store by Majestic Expansion
- The Brewers Team Store by Majestic, located in Miller Park’s Hot Corner, will undergo a 300-square foot expansion which will accommodate a larger footprint for “Brewed for Her” merchandise and apparel. The Brewers Team Store by Majestic is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Toyota Territory Redevelopment
- The Toyota Territory in right-center field will undergo a redevelopment from a private group amenity to a destination open to all fans in attendance at Miller Park. The renovated Toyota Territory will convert what was previously a 24-person private group space into an area capable of entertaining over 100 fans. At 1,493 square feet, the Toyota Territory will offer a unique view to take in a game.
Brewers Wall of Honor
- The “Brewers Wall of Honor” will commemorate Milwaukee Brewers players, coaches and executives who played prominent roles with the organization. The Wall of Honor will be a permanent exhibit on an exterior Miller Park wall adjacent to the Hot Corner entrance. Honorees will be recognized with a bronze plaque affixed to the wall, with their image and a brief synopsis of their Milwaukee baseball career etched onto the marker. The plaques are designed by Matthews International, designers of the plaques for the National Baseball Hall of Fame. The Wall will be unveiled in June.
Bob Uecker Statue in “The Last Row”
- Unlike the statues that surround Miller Park’s Home Plate Plaza, the new Bob Uecker statue will be in the last row of the Terrace Level at Miller Park. The statue will pay tribute to the popular Miller Lite “All Stars” ad campaign which featured Uecker’s famous tagline, “I must be in the front row.” The statue will sit atop the Uecker Seats in Miller Park’s Terrace Level (Section 422), and will feature an open seat next to it, allowing for a perfect photo opportunity. The state was designed by Brian Maughan, the artist of the four statues outside Miller Park on the Home Plate Plaza. The Uecker Statue will be unveiled on April 25.
Brewers Authentics Kiosk
- Fabrication of a new custom portable millwork display for the Brewers Authentics Collection (game-used items) will be added in 2014. The Authentics kiosk will be placed along the first base side of the Field Level concourse behind the Klement’s Grand Slam Grill
- The installation of approximately 150 flat screen televisions throughout the Miller Park concourses will replace existing CRT televisions, and will provide fans with the HD feed of the game.
- Three flag poles (one 25-foot flag pole and two 20-foot flag poles) will be installed on the landing behind Section 238, which is located beyond the left-center field wall. The American flag will fly on the 25-foot flag pole, while the Wisconsin State flag and a Brewers flag will fly on the 20-foot flag poles.
East Lot Tailgate Pavilions
- The East Lot Tailgate Pavilions will be refurbished with new wood fascia and signage.
Also on the construction front, the home clubhouse will undergo some minor renovations, including the addition of three lockers in the coaches’ locker room and an expansion of the players’ dining room area. Other improvements to Miller Park include updates to the executive office lobby, new flooring in the Brewers Team Store at the Home Plate Gate, the replacement of grow lights throughout Miller Park and the installation of a fire suppression system in the scoreboard control room and IT server room. In addition, the infield and outfield playing surface was replaced with new sod in October.
Renderings for several of these projects are attached. The Toyota Territory, Brewers Team Store by Majestic expansion and Authentics Collection kiosk was designed by Uihlein-Wilson Architects. Design work for AJ Bombers was handled by Flux Design.