Wind advisory issued for all of southeast Wisconsin until 7 p.m. Tuesday

State Capitol Building evacuated after small fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MADISON (WITI) — The Wisconsin State Capitol Building was evacuated for a brief time on Wednesday, March 5th. That’s because smoke started billowing from an office.

Madison fire crews got into the building and determined the smoke came from a small fire that was the result of a faulty ballast in a light.

The all-clear was given before noon.

fire2

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.