Child playing with fireworks sparks fire inside Racine home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

RACINE (WITI) — Racine firefighters were dispatched to a home on Kentucky St. late Saturday, March 22nd.

When they arrived on the scene, the firefighters located a fire in a second floor bedroom — and determined the fire was started by a child playing with fireworks inside the home.

Everyone in the home was able to get out of the building safely.