Business fire: Flames located above ceiling in Fond du Lac business
FOND DU LAC (WITI) — The Fond du Lac Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a fire in a business on South Main Street Tuesday, April 29th.
Upon arrival, firefighters encountered light smoke. While searching for a source they located the fire above the ceiling.
The fire was quickly extinguished and was contained to the point of origin.
The probable cause of the fire is electrical, but a definitive cause will need to be determined by an electrical engineer.
There is no damage estimate available at this time. There were no injuries reported.
The Fond du Lac Police Department assisted with traffic and scene control. Alliant Energy was called to restore power to the building.
Firefighters will be canvassing the surrounding area Wednesday, passing out home fire safety information to all nearby residents.