Fully engulfed: Charcoal ashes spark garage fire in Franklin

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FRANKLIN (WITI) — Multiple crews responded to a house fire Sunday evening, May 11th on S. 36th Street in Franklin.

The Franklin Police Department Dispatch received multiple 911 calls at 8:03 p.m. reporting a fire in the attached garage of a home.

Upon arrival, police observed the attached garage of the home fully engulfed.

Officials say the occupants of the residence had evacuated prior to the arrival of emergency responders and were not injured.

The north side of the residence sustained moderate damage and the attached garage was a total loss. Damage was estimated at $60,000.

The cause of the fire was not suspicious in nature and appear to be related to the disposal of charcoal ashes.