Smoothing rough roads: Howell Ave. to get overhaul
OAK CREEK (WITI) — The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will begin a resurfacing project of WIS 38 (Howell Ave.) from Oakwood Rd. to Grange Ave., in the cities of Milwaukee and Oak Creek, in Milwaukee County. WisDOT will begin on this six-mile stretch starting on Monday, May 19th. The work is expected to be completed in late fall.
On Howell Avenue
- The roadway will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement
- Project will add right turn lanes, extend some left turn lanes and modify some median openings.
- Traffic signals will be upgraded at eight existing intersections
- New concrete sidewalk will be installed along Howell Avenue
On WIS 119/Airport Spur
- The ER and WC ramps will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement
Initial work will begin from Oakwood Rd. to the bridge over Oak Creek with the work moving north as the project progresses.
During day time work hours, traffic will remain open to two lanes. During night time hours, traffic may be reduced to one lane.
The current condition of the roadway pavement is highly deteriorated. The overall improvements will provide a safer, smoother ride for motorists.